UIC shoulders the historical mission of advancing the internationalization of Chinese higher education and taking the lead in implementing liberal arts education in China. Since its Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony in November 2005, UIC has grown into an internationalized college with unique educational approaches such as Whole Person Education, Four Point Education, etc. Sixteen undergraduate programs are currently being offered by three divisions, namely the Business and Management Division, the Humanities and Social Science Division, and the Science and Technology Division. UIC has extended its enrollment of Category 1 candidates to cover more than 20 provinces and municipalities. There are approximately 4000 students in UIC now. Teaching staff from more than 20 countries and regions are optimized to carry out the four-year entire English teaching. Graduates will be awarded both Bachelor's Degrees by HKBU and Graduation Certificates by UIC.
Download: About UIC PPT
- Cooperation Agreement between HKBU and BNU was signed.
- Approved by the Ministry of Education, United International College was established in April.
- UIC held ground breaking ceremony for the campus construction project on November 18.
- The number of programs offered by the college increased from 5 to 13; the number of students increased from 200 to more than 2000; staff and faculty members increased from 30 to more than 300;
- Whole Person Education programs were launched;
- Four-Point Education Model was brought into implementation;
- UIC passed the first HKBU Institutional Review with satisfactory results;
- The Accounting Program of the Business and Management Division was awarded accreditation by CPA Australia, the sixth largest accounting body in the world.
- UIC has established full-fledged cooperation with Minnesota Private College Council
- Campus Inauguration Ceremony at UIC marked the completion of all facilities on the main campus on Jan 15.